Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Early Nicaraguan Mornings

They play out approximately like this:

3:15 am. Rise and shine. Actually, more like just shine.

3:15 - 3:30 am: Inspirational reading on my Kindle. I follow these daily devotionals:
3:30 - 4:15 am: Sudoku with coffee. In bed. I've written about my passion for Sudoku before.

4:15 - 5:00 am: Review my day and plan my agenda. I really enjoy doing this. Not sure why.


5:00 - 6:00 am: Morning walk for gym workout. Yuck. My least pleasant part of the morning (the gym part, that is).

Gimnasio "Adrenalina" (July 2013)
6:15 - 7:00 am: Cardio on my elliptical machine. Don't care for this part much, either.

Yeah, I know I should clean the sucker.

There you have it.

Wait a minute! I just about forgot the very best part. 

On my way home from the gym these days I pass by a primary school. No ordinary primary school, however. It's one of the schools that BECA has some students doing their social service. 

I'll tell you what. Seeing those eager, smiling faces makes my sordid trip to the gym every morning all worthwhile.

Six BECA Brigadistas Ready for Action (July 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment