Tuesday, November 27, 2012

(Happy?) Birthday

I went back and forth several times on whether or not I should publish this photo.

It crossed my mind that the photo would not present a dignified portrayal of my hero.

Nevertheless, I feel the purpose of the blog is to share. It is what we try to impress upon all of the participants in BECA Nicaragua.

That we share our realities with each other. Why should I be exempt from sharing a part of my reality?

Besides, I believe the photo wonderfully captures the sweetness and quiet elegance of this gentle man. He is still there!

Happy 87th birthday, father. I love you.

November 21, 2012 (Edmonton, Canada)


2 comments:

  1. The girls and I visited dad today and brought him a coconut creme pie. I stuck a candle in, lit it and then held it in front of him and told him to blow it out....and he tried to blow! yay!!!!!!!!!!! We had a really nice visit and dad was alert and responsive. I took photos too. I'm glad you posted this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image says so much! You are blessed to still have him and glad you shared this with us.

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete