Friday, January 27, 2012

Three Tech Gadgets I Can't Live Without in Nicaragua











Some might say I lead a simple life.

But I can't do without these three tech indulgences.

1. Noise-canceling headphones. I've written about this before . And my opinion hasn't changed. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs occasional "quiet time" while in Nicaragua for an extended stay.

Don't get me wrong, the birds are nice at 5:30 in the morning.

But the neighbor's stereo system? I'll take my salsa with dinner, thank you very much.

2. Ipod. For listening to various podcasts, more than anything. Interesting how some voices can put you right to sleep.

3. Kindle. Originally a reluctant gift. Now a treasured keepsake. It still befuddles me how this thing can download a book anywhere I go in Nicaragua.

I mean anywhere.

Meanwhile, the cell phone is "out of service"! I consider this to be one of life's great mysteries.

Okay, make that a simple and unmysterious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment