Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Manhattan Project Revisited

Another observation from my trip to the Big Apple.

Starbucks is in world domination mode in Manhattan.

It is absolutely mind-boggling the market penetration that this company has achieved there. (And this is saying something. I'm very familiar with the Canada / Tim Hortons love affair.)

Everyone and their dog (don't ask!) walking around drinking the brown koolaid.

Who are all these people waiting in these LONG lines? Are they tourists? Are they New Yorkers? Are they regular Starbucks clients? Do they do this everyday?

Questions. No answers. But many questions.

Beats me, but of course I was reminded of my (largely failed) marketing ploy to lure in a portion of those Starbucks bucks for BECA last holiday season.




P.S. Okay, since you insist on asking, the dog('s owner) wanted water. (No space for cream necessary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment