Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ruben Dario Avenue

Imagine my surprise on my recent trip to Gringolandia.

There I was driving in Miami and eyeballing my suggested route on the GPS computer. (Are they called GPS computers? Never mind . . . )

So I look up, see the red light, and hit the brakes. (HOT TIP: The GPS computer will not say, "Recalculating. Stop at the red light!")

(Almost) Zipping Through Ruben Dario Avenue, Miami

And what street name do I see? Nothing other than Ruben DarĂ­o* Avenue. Cute reminder of my adopted home. So nice to see homage of him here. One of those little random things that makes life special.

Of course after the incident I couldn't help but ask myself, "What does this mean? What does this mean?" jajajajajaja

*Ruben Dario was a Nicaraguan poet, infamous in Latin America.

1 comment:

  1. lol that was a shock ...
    How is Gringolandia nowayday?
    Maybe the accident means that among the things in life there are stops in which we have to take things slowly and learn from them...
    Beca id: 00194
    Edgard Mauricio Castillo Martinez
    Sunday, July 24, 2011
    on Waltes' blog

    ReplyDelete