Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Know, I Know . . . (Air Canada and Justin Bieber)

The trip back to Edmonton from Nicaragua is a long one. There are no direct flights and it takes a day, more or less.

Basically, there are two travel options from Nicaragua. Air Canada and Continental.

Air Canada delivers me via Costa Rica and Toronto. Continental only makes one stop: Houston.

The "via Houston" route is MUCH faster. I still MUCH prefer Air Canada.

Two reasons.
1) U.S. Customs. They are a real pain. I know, I know . . . they have a job to do. But it befuddles me to no end why they have to ask me all these questions when ALL I'M DOING IN HOUSTON IS CHANGING PLANES. Grrrrr. 
I'm sure there is a good reason for it. There usually is. But it still bugs me.
2) Air Canada Seat Console Entertainment systems. Air Canada has this video thing on the back of the seats on the aircraft with a surprisingly wide selection of TV shows, movies, music videos, news programs, documentaries (even HBO!).
I know, I know . . . all the major air carriers have them, but they all want me to stick my credit card through this narrow channel in the back of the seat in front of me. Huh? Nope. I don't think that is going to happen.
Conversely, the Air Canada video system is free! Well, I guess what I should say is that there is no extra cost. Yippee!
And this brings me to Justin Bieber.

I heard about this guy before. Some kind of cute young kid turned social media pop star. I heard he was from Canada and how he somehow tweeted his way to fame.

Anyway, it turns out that one of the movies on my recent Air Canada flight was called "Never Say Never" starring this Justin Bieber character.

It was a largely fluffy 95 minutes of self-promotion. 

Nevertheless, I thought the movie was absolutely great. Hey, I felt really good inside after watching it.

I really loved it. (For those that know me, it warrants an 8.75 out of 10.)

I know, I know . . . HAVE I LOST MY MIND?

Maybe, but the kid is talented. And I'm standing up for him.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha! Your nieces also loved that movie...I guess that opinion runs in the family :) And another weird coincidence....check out my July 1 Canada Day blog post! You and I must be psychic twins !

    ReplyDelete