Friday, November 4, 2011

Ticolandia

I'm in Ticolandia for a couple of weeks. (Tico = Costa Rican)

Costa Rica is Nicaragua's neighbour to the south.

The Border River - El Rio San Juan
Neighbour only in the geographical sense, that is.

(I've written before of their disdain for one another.)

Celebrate the differences.

Amen to that.

Which brings me to THE QUESTION.

THE QUESTION that I am asked more often than any other when people learn I have spent time in both countries.

"Who do you like more, Ticos or Nicas?"

Strangely, the question IS NOT "Which country do you prefer?" or "Do you prefer living in Nicaragua or in Costa Rica?"

Oh no.

"Who do you like more, Ticos or Nicas?"

I do have a preference.

It's quite a strong preference.

Wanna know what it is?

Sure, no problem.

My preference is to NEVER OVER MY DEAD BODY ANSWER THE QUESTION EVEN IF THE POPE IS ASKING.

There you have it.

And if you are find yourself travelling in these parts I might so as much recommend to you a similar strategy.

1 comment:

  1. Podría decirse que hay rivalidades en ambos países, o mas bien que los nicaragüenses no nos conformamos con el trabajo que tenemos, y eso hace que todo los los Nicas quieran viajar a conseguir trabajo a Costa Rica se ha vuelto el sueño Americano, para muchos nicaragüenses.beca00189

    ReplyDelete