Sunday, February 27, 2011

Grandpa Squared

Waltercita is a machine!

I'm referring of course to my gorgeous hen. Eight more chicks born last weekend.

Unfortunately two of them have since died, still leaving six healthy grandchildren scampering through my garden.

Why did two chicks perish? The neighbour's rooster attacked and killed one of the cuties.

And the other? [gulp] I have been told that I am responsible.

You see, the poor thing was struggling to get out of its egg. I thought I would do the honorable thing and help it along.

Error.

Lesson learned. Mess with Mother Nature at your own peril.


Waltercita - Not looking too thrilled with me after I offered one of her kids a helping hand.                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment